Wednesday, March 20, 2013

moving forward || life


It's been rather difficult to keep up with this blog.

I think I might be moving forward in life away from this blog as I develop other websites/blogs revolved around my photography.

Monday we had our second advisory board of the year. If you don't remember, my last experience was life changing. Not REALLY, but at the same time it impacted me a lot. So I was definitely excited about round two.

I was able to meet with more photo editors and photographers. I got a lot of advice and a lot of good feedback. This program has been so much more than a photojournalism program. It's challenged me to grow in areas I thought I was already established in.

Check out my photoblog and my website to keep updated on what I'm shooting. I don't know if I'll post my work on here,  rather my personal life will be updated on here. 

Don't be afraid to show who you are to the world. It's terrifying. We're tempted to put on a performance and act. We analyze and assume we know what people want to her and see. Don't go there. Let who you are shine through, otherwise a connection will be missed. The window of opportunity to click and connect with people is slim.

I've started to connect with one photo editor and his words are like gems to me. I take what people say to me very seriously especially because I also know they aren't throwing out cheap words.
On the above photo he said, "Hannah, this is like a 1920's Lewis Hine photo. This is fantastic. This is your anchor."

Go for the gold. Move forward. Never let anything in your life plateau.



2 comments:

Comments make me happy :)