It's the first day of school. I'm starting my second semester. After this semester I have two more left. I'm on my way to being half finished. I want to start the school year off well. A new year always brings in motivation and a desire to do well.
I'll be doing a few things to get some clarity and direction for the first part of 2013. I like to divide my year into thirds.
Normally when I make resolutions I become overly ambitious. But as the year goes on I become pretty hopeless about it.
This year I want to be hopeful about these goals.
1. I'm on a Daniel fast with my best friends. We're doing it to support a friend who started last week, but we're also doing it to get some clarity for this new year. We want to make it fun while we do it. We're going to collect recipes, take pictures, write down revelations etc and then make a book at the end of it. We also want to start the year off with healthy discipline.
2. I'll be going on a partial media fast for 21 days. I've had to adjust it a bit since I'm in a media studies program. No blogging, no gchat or facebook chatting, no youtube videos, no instagram, no twitter, no idle internet surfing, only check facebook once a day etc. You get the point. I've done it once and it was pretty refreshing.
3. Keep in touch with people. Email back within 2 days. Skype with friends overseas. Meet up with people even if I'm a bit tired.
4. Go to the school's gym 3x a week. Try to snowboard once or twice this semester (this is sad but I know I'll be really busy)
5. Cover/take photographs of an event at least once a week or once every two weeks.
6. Take on a personal project monthly. It's ok if it's a small one.
7. Take online lessons on web design8. Read one book a month.
9. Catch up on New Philly sermons.
10. Keep track of finances/get better at budgeting (I need some help in this area... desperately!)