Friday, June 8, 2012

mark + elysabeth || wedding

















Beautiful pictures, eh? Most of them were taken by my lovely sister Clara with her Canon and handy 50mm. But you had to be at the wedding to really catch all of it's beauty and magic.

Not only was it full of amazing DIY decorations but every word spoken and every hug was soaked with sincerity. As soon as you arrived at the house you could see how much work and time was put into the wedding. The food was AMAZING with barbecued ribs, chicken and lot's of veggies. Plus, there was no cake but instead peach cobbler and apple pie with vanilla ice cream. We were fortunate enough to have had breakfast with them two days earlier so we could catch up, talk about life, laugh and eat good food. What I loved most about this wedding was their love for their family and friends. They were so approachable and made sure to talk to everyone that came up to them.

Their wedding was so unique and captured the personalities of both Mark and Lys. The pastor shared the essence of marriage and how marriage is THE GOSPEL. In one of the pictures above you can see Elysabeth talking to Mark's parents and thanking them for raising Mark. There was so much honor flowing in that backyard I don't think anyone's eyes were dry. Life really does flow through honor. Then they did communion and they played Set a Fire by United Pursuit Band & Will Reagan. The speeches by Mark's brothers and Jamie, the maid of honor, were powerful. It is an honor and blessing to be a part of this couple's life.

What I always loved about Mark and Lys was how comfortable they made me feel around them. I never felt like a third wheel. Near the latter half of my time in Korea I spent a lot of time with them and am so grateful that I did. There are some couples where I feel like a third wheel but not with these guys. They love as one but they love as individuals too. When I met both Mark and Lys' moms they already knew about me. Mark and Lys really know how to make you feel significant and valuable.

I honor and bless both you Mark and Lys! I'm so excited for what's in store for your life as ONE. Dream big and DO BIG!

28 comments:

  1. ah so cute!
    (how come your pictures are a bit distorted?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a beautiful wedding!! Oh my gosh, I love their table decorations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We couldn't get over how cute everything was!

      Delete
  3. wow that is one beautiful wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? It made me feel so happy the whole night

      Delete
  4. Oh, how lovely! Thank you for sharing; they sound like an amazing couple. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily for your kind words :) Always so encouraging!

      Delete
  5. BEAUTIFUL wedding!! i love couples that don't make you feel like the third wheel haha. also the way elysabeth spells her name is supercute. :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waaaaaaaah... my heart is reliving that night. Seriously, the most beautiful & heartfelt & gospel-centered wedding I have ever been to. God bless the Rattos! <3


    & great job on the photos, Yoonz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe now I want to see your pics Estefania!

      Delete
  7. beautiful pictures, and what wonderful words to say about the couple. i hope one day people write something like THAT about my relationship and wedding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agreed!! they were living examples of love. it was amazing

      Delete
  8. the pictures are so awesome!! i can't believe that wedding was in LA. it looked like it was somewhere in the midwest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah i know right? well we were in Anaheim, but stil! her neighbourhood was kind of random

      Delete
  9. so lovely, and her red lippy is divine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the red lipstick popped out the whole night, it was great!

      Delete
  10. Aw I love the dancing photo(: All of them are great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. the 3rd and 4th to last pics are soo sickk.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a BEAUTIFUL wedding! Okay I'm responding to your awesome comment on my blog because you said something SO true that I totally have never thought of before: that we are called to love our neighbor as OURSELF. Gonna be chewing on this truth for a while. Thanks SO much Hannah! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the black & white one of them dancing. so sweet! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hannah your description of the wedding was in itself very heart warming. Honoring people is truly the Father's heart. I loved this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hannah, your blog post makes me incredibly happy and since you've posted it, I've read it about 15 times to relive the moment. Your kind words are so meaningful to us...we really love you guys. You've been an integral part of our transformation. For example, who do you think introduced us to our communion song? ;) I'm so excited for the growth of our friendship in the coming years. Love you & Clara!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heheeh your entry on your wedding is amazing too. you and mark, now as one, are very special to me!! i miss you and love you!

      Delete
  16. this post captured that special day beautifully. It was wonderful seeing you hannah, even if it was for a moment. Im so glad we were reunited <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hannah - it was such an honor to meet you and your sister Clara at the wedding! I know you are both so very special to them. And this post is beautiful.
    Sharon - Mark's mom

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy :)