Thursday, May 17, 2012

this summer || my life


Inspired by fellow blogger, Allie, I've decided to make a list of what I'm doing and hoping to do this summer. I haven't met anyone that doesn't like summer. Summer is a playground for a dreamer like me. I feel like anything is possible. I'm not sure if it's the sun or warm weather that makes me feel like I'm on top of the world, but whatever it is I'm excited. 

Here is what I'll be doing this summer
- California trip [Liz and Mark's wedding, road tripping along the coast of California and make a visit to San Diego, eat lots of good Mexican and Korean food, play at the beach, catch up with old friends]
- Toledo, Ohio [Sarah's wedding, my first wedding photography gig, skydiving in Dayton, hanging out with the 6pack minus Sarah :(, there will be a LOT of painful laughter this weekend...there always is]
- NYC Trip 1 [Seeing Jesus Culture. I actually didn't want to go, but when I found out that Bill Johnson was speaking I signed up right away, road trip to NY with church friends, family trip after for 2 days]
- NYC Trip 2 [Brian and Jane's wedding, hanging out with Tanya, meeting up with Laura, visiting my dear friend Becky, exploring new parts of NYC]

On top of these trips I plan to read a lot, paint and create more than I normally would, play soccer/frisbee/volleyball whenever I have the chance, work hard 

I'm HOPING for one more trip in August to Chicago. I found direct flights from Waterloo to Chicago. My cousin keeps making plans so I want to go and a friend told me he has an extra ticket to Lollapalooza for the Sunday which was the day I wanted to go to. I'd love to see Sigur Ros, Of Monsters and Men, Bombay Bicycle Club and Justice. It's worth the 95 bucks, right?

What are your summer plans? I'm kind of overwhelmed with all that's planned ahead, but I look forward to it since the past two months were kind of boring. I'm ready for these adventures even if means my bank accounts suffering.

8 comments:

  1. your summer sounds like it's going to be AMAZING!! have a spectacular time and can't wait to read about it and see your gorgeous pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ticket is on me. Just hold me up on your shoulders when we see Florence.

    elijah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like lots of fun traveling! Enjoy =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I shall be there each trip. Muhahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your summer sounds amazing! I will be working at my church's day camp and hanging out with my youth group on a mission trip, camp, and in general.I also have a book list of classics to read/reread.:) By the way, your pants are the best in that picture.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHA elijah. sounds like a fun summer... also sounds like you'll be too broke to visit Australia haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hannah! your life is always full of adventures. When you go to New York, I have a friend you MUST meet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog is very inspirational! I follow you now! Would you like to follow me back?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy :)