Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Weekend Visit || life lessons

cute welcome sign
delicious salad for lunch
the study room
sarah's daughter anya
cute michelle
:)
This past Saturday I went to visit a very good friend of mine, Michelle. We met at camp in 2003 and she is one of the few friends from that camp that I still keep in touch with. You know when time goes by and you haven't seen someone for a long time it can be really awkward so you don't try? Not with this girl. Every time I come back from being away for so long she always makes the effort to organize a get together. We bonded throughout the years because of our similar taste in music, crafts and social justice. But it goes beyond that. We were able to just pick up off where we left off and continue with our friendship even though we had barely kept in touch throughout the year. 

She's now married and lives with another married couple, whom I also happen to know and worked with. Being single sometimes it can be really difficult to be around people who are in different stages of life, but it wasn't so with these two couples. Even one of the couples had a baby but for some reason I felt so comfortable around these families. 

I could see the freedom and joy that they lived in. They love the Lord, they love the people they are with and they love the community they have been placed in. 

5 comments:

  1. That's so neat! I have a few married friends who are like that, no awkwardness at all. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a good feeling right. Sometimes you feel a pressure to get married when you're around married couples, but there are the few where you can just be yourself without any pressure :)

      Delete
  2. Hey this is Hamilton! And Hamilton people (friends of friends...one of those, I recognize them, not sure if they'd know me kinda things)
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rae, I LOVE Hamilton! It felt so comfortable.

      Delete
    2. wow! i didn't see this comment before, but now we are carpool buddies. how neat! small world!

      Delete

Comments make me happy :)