Thursday, March 1, 2012

a trip to Singapore || around the world

{51/366 - travel buddy}
Jo and I before we got on our plane to Singapore. I'm also living with her now in Korea before I go back to Canada. I could go on and on about how awesome she is, but you just need to be in her presence to fully experience Jojo. 

{52/366 - Botanic Gardens}
Who would have expected so much green in a city/country like Singapore. Everyone told me Singapore was just a concrete jungle, but left out that it's got trees EVERYWHERE. 

Read more for more pictures. 




{53/366 - Orchard Road}
Along with all the trees, Singapore is FULL of shopping malls. Orchard Road is where all the big designer malls are. My memory is forever etched with Dior, Chanel, Burberry and other designer names. 

{54/366 - beach in February}


I still can't believe I got sunburnt at a beach in the month of February. February is usually a depressing month (which it kind of was) but it ended so well at this empty beach on Sentosa Island in Singapore. 

{55/366 - Marina Bay Sands}
These were the 3 girls I spent time with in Singapore. Here we are at the Harborfront by Marina Bay Sands. Such a great place to relax and do nothing with your friends. 

{56/366 - welcome to Seoul}
We arrived last night at Gimpo Airport. I loved this welcome sign. Arriving in Korea made me feel funny. I'll be leaving in about a week for Toronto, but here I was arriving in Seoul. 

Singapore was a great city/country to visit. A lot of people kept saying, "What are you going to do there? You can see the whole city in a day." So I was bit discouraged, but we spent 4 whole days there and we still missed out on a lot. It's a lazy but also busy city. It was a good getaway place. It had everything that you would want in a vacation city. A beach, shopping, good food, culture, different people and convenient public transportation. I definitely recommend visiting. This trip was also marked by getting closer to some good girl friends that I'll forever cherish even if we'll all be living in different parts of the world. 

3 comments:

  1. Oooh...you post is making me excited about moving to Singapore~!! Glad to hear that you had fun there. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy :)