Thursday, February 23, 2012

We're Graduating || Goodbye JES Island

{50/366 - Graduation}
Here's most of my class. One girl couldn't make it and another was late. I can't believe my time with them is up! It was pretty emotional. I'll remember these kids and this experience forever. It changed my life. Who knew that teaching English would have such a strong impact on one's life... sigh. 

Some kids were pretty emotional while others had no reaction. It was really moving to see young children become emotional about saying goodbye. 

While it was an emotional and sad day, it was also a really good day. I'm really thankful for my managers, my co-workers and all the students I worked with. Normally when a chapter in my life is ending I end up feeing some regret for all my inadequacies. This time, I felt confident in everything I had done. No use in filling your head up with regrets. I'm looking forward to what is to come :)

Last day of work ended with a pizza party, my final pay cheque and a severance pay ^^ along with awesome gifts from my students' parents. 

Now I'm off to Singapore for 5 days! 

4 comments:

  1. So adorable. I still remember my elementary school graduation.


    - Shannon
    www.shannonsometimes.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. And it looks like you got some great teacher gifts. :)
    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww love their graduation gowns!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    I'm looking into going to teach in Korea. My recruiter sent me a position at JES Island. Would you recommend working at this school? If you have time to give me a little bit of information, you can send me an email at josee.lpoulin@gmail.com.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy :)