Monday, February 20, 2012

For MY Good || faith



As a Christian I often heard the words, "It's not about you, it's about God." What does that really mean?

Romans 8:28, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose" tells me otherwise. It is about me. My Father in heaven works for my good. He wants the best for me. Even with 7 billion others on this earth, God orchestrates everything so that things go well for ME. This is pretty tough to swallow since I've always been told that it's not about me. How can it be about me when I'm not perfect and have so much to work on. Yet, it is about me. It's about me because I am His dearly beloved. It's about me because I am created in HIS image. It's about me because I am his daughter. It's about me because I am his bride, the one he shed his blood for. It's about me because Christ lives in me which is the hope of GLORY. His glory is manifested in ME so it has to be about me. When it is about me it becomes all about the Lord. I used to have this terrible view of God. I was suspicious of his provision for me and really believed that I didn't deserve anything good in my life. This is NOT true!

It sounds a bit ludicrous but I find this truth to be liberating. It's about me because I am no longer me. It's a paradox. When there is less of me, there is more of Him. When good happens to me, it automatically means good will happen to those around me. It isn't selfish to want blessings in my life because it will naturally flow into my relationships and the different settings I enter into.

Run with this. We don't have to remain in a place of false humility and defeat. This truth tears down all kinds of anxiety, fear and uncertainty. It gives me hope and a new passion to live.

Matthew 11:11

I tell you the truth: 
Among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

5 comments:

  1. this is a beautiful, liberating realization! something like this i heard recently was not to be ashamed of your giftings, don't think it's arrogant to use them "publicly" because God blessed you with those and if you DON'T use them it's like a waste, but if you do for the glory of God He will use them to bless others like you said. what a fantastic, fantastic thing to realize!

    thinking of you hannah as one season in your life comes to an end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for your words!
      you're so right about being bold and confident in the gifts we were given. it'd be gifts/talent wasted if we don't use them to advance the kingdom and bring glory to God :)

      Delete
  2. What a geat post! I never thought of it in this manner! You are so right :) What a great perspective. So glad you shared it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't it amazing how the truth really does set us free :)

      Delete
  3. wow i love this post, such a great perspective! thank you so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy :)