Tuesday, February 7, 2012

eyeliner for the azn eyes || makeup

Oh my goodness. I'm doing my first make up review. I don't even know how to wear make up, let alone know anything about what good make up is. But with my most recent purchase, I wanted to share.

If you didn't know, I am Korean. This means I have typical East Asian eyes. I don't have the double eyelid, so I guess I have what is called the "monolid". East Asians eyes are so unique, because rarely will you find two people who have the same eyes which includes length, height, and whether one has a double or mono eyelid. Now this isn't to say those of other races all have the same eyes, but East Asians, along with Mongolians, are the only group of people where some people have monolids and some others have the double eye lid (without any surgery). And I apologize if I'm wrong about this generalization ^___^

Before moving to Korea, I never wore eyeliner. I didn't quite know how to. I found it annoying that after applying it on my eye, as soon as I would open my eye it'd disappear. Pencil eyeliner also ALWAYS smudged under and around my eye, so I looked like I had been crying. Annoying! I also didn't want to put on too much that when I closed my eyes it'd be like 5 inch line. So it was better to not wear any! After living in Korea for 2 years, I discovered a certain eyeliner that I liked that was also easy to put on.

This is Laneige's marker eyeliner. When I first bought it, I fell in love. It was like using a mini paintbrush and it never smudged. It cost about 12,000KRW which isn't too bad. I liked it, but I discovered that at the end of the day it would fade and become very dull. 

This is Too Cool for School's Crazy Black Eyeliner. When I tested it on my hand, it was really dark and smooth. It was also a mini paintbrush. This also costs 12,000KRW. After a few days though, I realized it wouldn't go on black. It was like a dark grey and by the end of the day, it was almost all gone. It didn't smudge though. I don't use a primer, but I don't feel like I should if I'm buying a really good eyeliner! 


This is my most recent purchase. It's Banila Co's Oriental Eye. The name alone convinced me. I do have 'oriental eyes'. This is my first liquid eyeliner purchase. The other two were brushes. This isn't. So I was a bit afraid to try it. It's VERY black.  I  feel very comfortable wearing it. It draws on very smoothly and dries RIGHT away. I know I said I have monolids, but if you look really close you'll see that I have tiny double eye lids (쌍꺼풀) so when I open my eyes they kind of disappear. Amazingly, this eyeliner dries up really fast so I don't have to worry about another line appearing. So far I'm satisfied with it. The lady at the store said that it washes off really easily. Maybe too easily since I found that sometimes it would flake off near the end of the day. 


2 comments:

  1. sigh.. at the end of the day asian makeup is the best for asians. i envy your access to non imported original priced korean makeup! :) good review~~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're having trouble finding a good eyeliner I would highly recommend MAC liquid eyeliner. It's more expensive but it lasts and lasts and lasts. Seriously I wake up in the morning and it's still there. And even almost as perfect as when i first applied it sometimes.

    x

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy :)